25 July 2016

Sharing The Love For Ane Li


We have lost an incredibly talented young Norwegian lady in the Nail Polish Community to depression. She was a huge inspiration to me, and shared with us her talented works of art on Instagram and Youtube. If you are not familiar with her work, I would advise you to check out her Instagram account.


As Robin Williams said:
 “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”

A handful of bloggers has decided to get together and re-create Ane Li's manicures in her memory, we are using #sharingtheloveforaneli if you want to check out the others creation on various social medias.

I was inspired to do a recreation of Ane Li's first stamping nail art look. I love stamping, and I remember seeing this look on her Instagram page thinking I should try it out. After all, I already owned the same plate as she used.

For today's look I am therefor using Bundlemonster BM-S107 (for the first time), using Wet n Wild - Black Creme. My base polish is Ard As Nails - Chelle from The Blogsquad Collection.
I recently did a large haul from Soap Dodger, purchasing some of the more recent collections from Ard As Nails. I will have a separate video up with Live Swatches for those of you interested in that.

Ard As Nails - Chelle is a pale grey-pink with a hint of lavender holographic polish.


Ard As Nail - Chelle from the Blogsquad Collection, stamping with Bundlemonster BM-S107


Check out the original in the video below.


Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

8 comments:

  1. I've heard about her only recently in the chatting communities. She looked very talented - i've looked at her blog that she used to had in the early stage, before she used Instagram and YT lately. She had quite a huge fab base that's for sure!

    I would say it's easy if you've got all the tools to create wonderful nail art, otherwise it's not to easy to do everything freehand!

    I will agree with Robin Williams and i can also relate to that. People are so easy to tell that you shouldn't take your life into your own hands, but i will take my hand of to those who does, since it's not an easy thing to do at all. I know how it is do be in such a 'place' and some days are very hard, but teah, just have to take things day by day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Leah. *hugs*
      This post was a bit more serious than my normal posts, next post is definitely more cheerful.

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful tribute. May her soul rest in piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute. May she rest in heavenly peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad...And so beautiful of you to make sure a tribute to her. :(

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.