24 January 2016

Tentalicious Octopus


You might have seen this look on my Youtube channel already if you are subscribed there, as I had added some quick pictures of this at the end of my Vivid Laquer review of VL042 stamping plate. If you haven't seen it, here is a handy link for you.


I started out with two coats of Emily de Molly - Dark Depths. I can not believe this has been stuck in my untried box for this long! 
I did not have an issues with application, but did notice that some of the glitters did stick up a little, but nothing a bit of topcoat can solve.
Also... this is my first Emily de Molly polish! 

Emily de Molly - Dark Depths
I wanted to have some fun with this plate, and since I was talking so much about the tenta-liciousness of the Vivid Lacquer - VL042 I decided to use the tentacle images and the cute little octopus. I used Sinful Color - Snow Me White for the stamping, and then added another twp coat of Emily de Molly - Dark Depths over. This is my first time doing a pond manicure using a glitter polish and I have to say, it turned out really well. The octopus did smudge a little bit on me though, but it is hardly visible under all the glitter and blue jelly.


Octopus stamping test for Vivid Lacquer - VL042

Emily de Molly - Dark Depths, stamped using Sinful Color - Snow Me White and Vivid Lacquer - VL042


For some reason the light ended up looking awfully yellow-ish today, we have been having some bad weather, so was playing around with my setup a little, but just couldn't get it right this time.
Really need to standardize my setup and do the same every single time, so that my pictures are spot on when I take a picture.


Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

8 comments:

  1. Love this! It really does look like the ocean with everything swimming around :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuff of nightmare... that is.
      Any moment it is going to grab you. This is why I don't swim in the ocean. haha

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour to make for the deep ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works perfectly for just that. The glitter is like jelly fish swimming around

      Delete
  3. EdM is one of my favorite hard-to-get polishes. This one is gorgeous and I must add it to my ISO list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you really must. It is gorgeous and applies like a dream

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of the pond mani with blue and sea creatures 😀 Lighting set ups are tough until find what works for you, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment.
      Lighting really can be a pain sometimes, at least I am learning as we go

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.