13 April 2014

Want my Bawdy in foil


The title made me giggle, so I had to use it. No I am not going to undergo some weird-ass spa-treatment. It is ofcourse, nail polish related. It's no other than China Glaze - Want My Bawdy, with silver foil over it, and some stamping.

I decided to use some of the foils I bought at TGR in Norway while I was on my Christmas holiday.
I am trying to do a manicure with everyone of these foils. I was asked if they all preformed the same. So why not try them all out (?)
The foil came in a set of 4 and it cost NOK 10 (£1). They don't require foil glue or anything, just a sticky surface. so polish your nails with the base colour you want, wait until it goes tacky and apply the foil. Easy as that. For the record of all things foil. I used Gina Tricot Basecoat and Topcoat for this manicure, like last time.
I have already used the other three from this set, and you can see that by clicking hereherehere, and here
The other reason for doing this combo, was the magical trick I just learned. How to avoid streaks on polishes. It's very simple actually. Sponge the last coat. Why didn't I think of that?!

I also added some nail stamping using Cheeky Jumbo plate 3  European Romance.

I used two coats of China Glaze - Want My Bawdy and then sponged the third coat. When it was tacky I added the foil, and added topcoat before and after stamping. I stamped using Wet n Wild - Black.

I was so proud over how well these swatches turned out, I had to add a few extra pictures of it, last time I tried this polish, I had streaks, and bubbles. However, I must add, the stamping I did last time was gorgeous. You can see the post here. 









Hope you are all having a great start on the Easter Weekend. I will be back soon with some Easter manicures.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the way it came out all abstract and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sort of look was all the rave in Bristol. So clearly I was inspired while living there

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.