3 October 2012

Retro 80s Mani


I started a twin-challenge with my nailpolish / WoW friend Mishka from Lacquer or Leave Her! .
We decided to call it " Cheeky Girls Challenge", and we are doing one by one plate from the Cheeky set we just got. One image from each plate, one plate per week.



So the first image we are going to to is the Cassette from CH 30. I remember being a young girl having fun, dragging the "tape" out, and taking a pen, and swirl them back in.

My cam stopped working, so I had to borrow another cam, and I had HUGE problems with the lighting. Its been raining for a few days, and its just not working..











So here is what I did. 
I drew lines on my nails, and started filling in with colors. I used mostly my new polishes for this, only "old" polish I used was the blue. Its a decent cobolt blue, but I hate the smell of it, I just cant say that enough..

YSL - Bleu Majorelle
Miss Sporty - 452
Claire`s - 152
Barry M - Berry I/C
ESSIE- Mojito Madness

Stamped with WnW Black Creme


To see what Mishka did, head over here, it looks nothing like my " Crayon-puke Cassette -mani (LoL)
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! The colorblocking is cool and I love how you freehanded the tape coming out of the cassette. If I had a dollar for every time that happened to me...>.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Color-blocking was really hard. I must have spent hours on it, specially since the yellow needed three coats, and the green needed two coats. Trying to get it neat without having to hide the flaws with a black line to separate the blocks.
      I loved doing the tiny details.

      Delete
  2. Oh woweee. I wish I'd seen this challenge when you all were doing it. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still doing this, this friday is the third on the list. " Cookiemonster"
      Feel free to join in, if you got the Cheeky plate set :)

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.