20 November 2015

Diabetes Awareness




Diabetes is a life-long health condition, and in the UK alone there are 3.3 million people diagnosed with diabetes. It is estimated that almost 600.000 people live with the condition never having been tested for it. It is therefor incredible important to raise awareness for this conditions.

There are two main types of diabetes, type 1 and type 2, where as type 1 is the most commen, UK is seeing a rise in the numbers of people with type 2. To explain the differences Diabetes UK has made this illustration.

Different types of Diabetes

When I went to school one of my classmates was diagnosed with diabetes, I remember feeling sad for him when he had to excuse himself from the classroom to take his insulin jab.
Later I would learn that my family has a history of Diabetes, while I am luck to not have the condition myself I know plenty who do.

When Leah asked if I wanted to join in on a Diabetes Awareness link -up I had to say yes.

For those of you who don't know, I donated my blog-income for November month to Pancreatic Research Funds. In total this raised £6.25. Finding a Cure starts with awareness.


Today's prompt with Crumpets Nail Tarts is grey + colour + pattern. My pattern this week is "stamped" so I was very lucky with that.
I started out with 3 coats of China Glaze - Pelican Gray, I stamped over using Ciate - Paint Pots - Vintage with Bundlemonster BM-321 on two nails and BM-315 on the rest.


China Glaze - Pelican Gray

China Glaze - Pelican Gray, stamped with Bundlemonster BM-321 and BM-315 using Ciate - Paint Pots - Vintage




Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

6 comments:

  1. oh I should have combined my prompt with this. Dammit.

    I love your stamping though, it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought it was fitting for the cause, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this one. I will still post my mani for Diabetic this coming week. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to see what you have done :)

      Delete
    2. I've posted mine just now, thanks again for participating in this cause.

      Delete
    3. Excellent. Thanks for joining.

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.