1 May 2015

(TAG) Confessions Of A Nail Polish Addict


Hi everyone!

I saw this tag over at Brit Nails , and I decided to jump on it, and do one as well.
If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.


1. What nail are you wearing on your nails (and toes) right now?
Right now, I am wearing Barry M - Silk - Forest. I have had it for a while and was feeling in the mood for something a bit darker than what I have been sporting lately. Swatch will be up soon-ish.


As for my toes...

7 months ago, I had a little accident involving a knife and my big toes. I was doing dishes and it slipped out of my hand, and fell tip first on my toe, just below the cuticle line, bounched off and landed on my other toe. What are the odds?!

It didn't cut off anything but I got a huge bruise under my nails, and they have been black every since. They are finally getting close to having grown all the way out, but there is a huge dent between the old nail and the new one coming out, So, to not make it noticeable I have hidden my toes ever since.

I just hope they will be fine for my holiday this summer...


2. What is one nail product you can't live without?
Lush Lemon Flutter, that stuff is seriously God-sent. It smells amazing, and feels great.


Lush - Lemon Flutter

3. What is your favorite nail polish brand (mainstream and indie)?
By looking at my collection I would have to say Barry M. I always get excited whenever they are coming out with a new collection, and it's the first shelf that I check out whenever I go to Boots.

I don't really have a lot of indies.. but I would have to say Cult Nails for that one. They have a special place in my heart, and makes me all giddy inside whenever I decided to wear it.


4. What kind of nail shape do you wear (short or long)?
My nails are somewhere between squoval and oval, with a little bit of free-edge. As I spend most my days in front of a computer, and do a lot of typing, it's hard on my tips.


5. What is your go-to color?
Living on the Emerald Isle, makes me lean towards picking green for my talons. I also have a weakness for purples and blues..


6. What is your favorite nail polish finish?
Cremes, most of my collection is based on cremes.


7. What's on your nail polish wish list?
I am trying to scout of more indies for my stash. There are so many great ones out there, and I am just getting on my feet financially after not having worked for 3 years, so I am trying to be careful, and take things slow.


8. When do you usually paint your nails?
After I have made dinner on weekdays, and in the morning with my morning-cuppa, and around lunchtimes when the sun is good for pictures.


9. What's your top nail tip that you swear by?
Moisturize. Like, ALL THE TIME.

I keep argan oil in a small polish bottle in the office, with Burt Bees Hand Salve, as the office is very drying on my nails and cuticles. And I have a small sampler size tub of Lush Lemon Flutter in my handbag, and at my desk and nail station at home.


10. What nail polish do you regret buying?

Without a doubt YSL - Bleu Majorelle.

Not that it isn't a great polish, it goes on like butter, and the cobalt blue is great, but the YSL gave me the worse stained nails I have ever seen. I also found some dupes for it, so it rests in it original box in my drawers.

YSL - Bleu Majorelle

11. Neons or pastels? Brights or darks?
I don't have a lot of neons and pastels, though lately I have been getting a lot more pastels than previously. Looking at my collection there is a huge variety in the shades that are present.


12. What is your holy grail white, black and neutral polish?
Sinful Color - Snow Me White. I am on my third bottle, and got several backups for it. I have tried several other pure whites, but I always fall back on this one.



Sinful Color - Snow Me White and Franken - EmOzean with black striper


Wet N Wild - Black Creme I love it for stamping, and since I never really wear black nail polish alone, it has only been used for stamping purposes or as undies for other polishes. It works great for that. If I was going to sport a black polish to wear alone, I would go with Essie - Licorice.

As for a nude, I am still working on finding my "holy grail" nude polish. I recently bought a whole load of them, as you might have noticed on my blog. There are plenty more to come.

Barry M - Matte - Vanilla  with flower stamp from BornPrettyStore - Y013

Barry M - Gelly - Lychee with black french tips and stamp from Moyou London Scholar Collection

13. What is one brand you want to try but haven't yet?
Dance Legends, Butter London, Hare, Delush Polish.. the list goes on and on.

Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.