28 February 2015

Easter Flowers over textured nails


I received this product of my choosing, free of charge for my honest, non-bias review from the Born Pretty Store.


I was in the mood for something bright, and as I had just been planning my Easter Holiday, I was in the mood for something yellow. I had just received some stamping plates from Born Pretty Store, and was eager to try them out.
Before I left Spain this summer I snatched up a couple of the polishes in the Cupcake line from KIKO, when I was looking through my yellow polishes, I just had to use this one.

The texture did not distribute evenly with this polish, and it was a little bit tricky to work with, luckily it still looks very pretty.

KIKO - Cupcake - 648


When it came to choose a design and plate, this one just jumped to me, and I instantly had an idea of what I wanted to do with it.
I stamped using NYC - Flat Iron Green, a polish I have never worn as a mani, but used every now and then for stamping and nail art. In the bottle it looks pretty much black, but when you use it for stamping you can see that it is more like a dark mossy green. A blackened green polish.

I used the Y 003 plate, and picked the design to the top left. I really like this plate, and I have been wanting a plate with some lace patterns and these are really sweet. I was playing around on a sheet of paper to see how well it was stamping and to test out ideas on what to do with my nails.

Do you ever have moments when your head is swirling with so many ideas that you just can't seem to stick with one? That was me.



NYC - Flat Iron Green stamped with Y003 from Bornprettystore over KIKO - 648



NYC - Flat Iron Green stamped with Y003 from Bornprettystore over KIKO - 648

If you click on the pictures it will enlarge them, and you can see more closely how the stamping look over the textured polish underneath. I have to day, I really like the look.

I couldn't stop there, I needed to fill in the flower. I decided to use Barry M - Crush, and W7 - Pink Suede for that. It kinda reminded me of a two toned 5 petal flower I had seen on Pinterest a while ago.
NYC - Flat Iron Green stamped with Y003 from Bornprettystore, flowers filled with Barry M - Crush and W7 - Pink Suede, over KIKO - 648 
If I where to correct on anything with this mani, it would be to have more of Barry M - Crush show in the flower, I did not quite get the look I was trying to achieve, but I still like the end result.

So there you have it. A bit early for an Easter Manicure?


If you wanted to get hold of this plate, sadly, at this writing moment Y003 is sold out, but I am sure you can find plenty of other great stamping plates at Born Pretty Store.

Y003 came in a very sleek and minimalistic designed white cardboard sleeve. It had the blue film over it, which you are expecting to find on plates now a days.
I tested the edges of the plate, and they seemed very rounded, so there are no dangers of cuts.

The plate was easy to work with, and the etching was very good, and I had no problems picking up the images with my Konad or my Moyou London stamper.


If you will be placing an order, feel free to use my 10 % off coupon: RAMG10
There are plenty of products to choose from at their site, not just nail related items, and the prices are very affordable and they have free worldwide shipping.
Click the image below and you will be taken to their site. 




I received this product of my choosing, free of charge for my honest, non-bias review from the Born Pretty Store.


Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.