13 June 2014

Leadlighting flowers


The days are going well here in Spain, life as a gametester is challenging and also a lot of fun. I get to use everything I know about the game, from being an old fan, as well as all the things I have learned as a Secretary. I am really looking forward to the release, when I can lean back, give myself a pat on the shoulder for a job well done.

I have been seeing this leadlight technique mentioned a lot of places, it's totally the rave of the summer.
I didn't bring that many polishes that would be great for this, so I needed to mix the colours I did bring with some clear polish to make this work for me. I didn't quite do it right, but as a first attempt, I think it's a good one. 

So for this manicure I mixed following colours with clear polish to create this look:
Barry M - Superdrug Limited Edition Yellow
ESSIE - Mojito Madness
Savina - Royalty

All this over 2 coats of Wet n Wild - Tropicalia

I stamped using Wet n Wild - Black Creme, using Cheeky - Jumbo plate - Princess Charming


Leadlight technique

Leadlight technique

Have you jumped on the Leadlight - technique wagon as well?
Any particular polishes you find works the best for this kind of technique?
Let me know in the comment field below!

Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way this came out, makes me think of Georgia O'Keefe flowers for some reason. I've found that the really translucent ones work the best if you want to see the black lines, but I have a theory I want to test out. I'm wondering if you take an opaque polish and mix it with topcoat (a few drops on a plate), if that would work? I'm gonna try it, because that would really open up the possibilities...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right, it kinda does ...
      I bought a couple of really translucent polishes and will try again with that.

      Keep me posted on your work :)

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.